- 6 oz pecan halves toasted
- 12 oz Peter’s Caramel Loaf
- 8 oz El Rey Mijao Venezuela 61% Dark Couverture Chocolate Discs Or a chocolate of your choice
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spraying it with cooking spray.Prep a baking sheet by placing either aluminum foil or parchment paper across the sheet and spraying with cooking spray
- Arrange the pecans into 4-piece clusters (in the shape of an "x")
- Cut a piece of the Peter's Caramel Loaf and melt in one of two methods: Either place in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl) and run at a low power in 30-second intervals, stir, and repeat until melted to a uniform state. OR place the caramel in a double boiler and run the stovetop at a low heat until the caramel is consistently melted.
- Allow the caramel to slightly drop in temperature, then scoop a spoonful onto each cluster of pecans. Once complete, set aside
- Melt the chocolate in one of two ways: Either place the chocolate in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl) and run at a low power in 30-second intervals, stir, and repeat until melted to a uniform state. OR place the chocolate in a double boiler and run the stovetop at a low heat until the chocolate is consistently melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over the caramel layer of each piece, and allow some to drip down the sides. If needed, spread the chocolate so it covers the top of the caramel completely.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator to allow the turtles to set (about 30 minutes)