Vanilla Macaron Shells
- 250 g ground almonds
- 250 g icing sugar
- 2 g Prova Gourmet Madagascar Bourbon Pure Ground Vanilla Powder (50g)
- 100 g egg whites
- 225 g sugar
- 60 g water
- 80 g egg whites
- 300 g cream
- 20 g Prova Gourmet Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Flavor with Seeds (Alcohol Free)
- 1 g Prova Gourmet Madagascar Bourbon Pure Ground Vanilla Powder (50g)
- 400 g white chocolate
- 50 g cocoa butter
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, make an almond paste with the ground almonds, icing sugar, vanilla powder and the first quantity of egg whites.
- Begin slightly whisking the second quantity of egg whites, and mix the sugar and water together and bring to 118°C. When at this temperature, pour over the whisked egg whites mixture. This is creating a meringue.
- Allow the meringue to turn for a few minutes and then pour (still warm at 40°C) onto the almond paste little by little. Make sure not to make any grains in the mixture.
- Work by hand and 'macaroner' the mixture and pipe onto a "silpat" sheet or onto sheets of silicon paper spaced regularly.
- Bake the macarons in a fan forced oven at 150°C for 15 min. Allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, vanilla extract and vanilla powder. Pour the boiling mixture over the white chocolate and the cocoa butter.
- Mix together then cover with film on contact with the ganache. Cool down the mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn over half of the macarons, then using a piping bag fitted with a plain no°12 nozzle, fill generously with the vanilla ganache. Close the filled macarons with a macaron of a similar size.
- Allow the macarons to mature overnight in the refrigerator before freezing or tasting.