- 230 g Butter
- 230 g Guittard Lever du Soleil 61% Dark Couverture Chocolate Wafers
- 250 g Granulated sugar
- 125 g deZaan Holland Rich Terracotta 20/22% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 10 g Vanilla Paste
- 0.5 g Salt
- 300 g Whole Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Heat a thick-bottomed skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and cook until brown, it will have a nutty aroma.
- In a medium bowl, melt the dark chocolate in a microwave.
- Pour the brown butter over the chocolate. Stir together until the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar and vanilla paste.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Sift in the deZaan cocoa powder and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a round baking pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Unmold and dust cake with deZaan cocoa powder and decorate with fresh berries and edible flowers.