- 450 g heavy cream
- 400 g whole milk
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 226 g cream cheese
- 15 g vanilla paste
- 1 g salt
- 100 g deZaan Holland Carbon Black 10/12% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 g ice cream stabilizer
- In a medium sized pot, heat heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla paste.
- Once it reaches 68°C/155°F, whisk in the sugar and ice cream stabilizer.
- Add Carbon Black cocoa powder and keep whisking until smooth.
- Finish by adding the salt.
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl.
- Blend in the cream cheese with a hand blender until smooth.
- Allow the base to cool down and mature in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
With Ice Cream Machine
- Spin in the ice cream machine and enjoy.
Without Ice Cream Machine
- Place the mixture into a metal container in the freezer and mix every 30 min. When it begins to freeze, blend it.
- Put it back in the freezer and blend it again when it is almost solid.