- 1162 g 4% Whole milk
- 210 g Heavy Cream 40%
- 150 g Guittard Cocoa Rouge 22/24% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 110 g Dextrose
- 240 g Granulated Sugar
- 70 g Gelato Base 50
- 125 g Whole eggs
- 88 g Confectioners' sugar
- 88 g Almond flour
- 38 g Pastry flour
- 15 g Guittard High Fat 22/24% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 160 g Egg whites
- 40 g Granulated sugar
- 20 g Melted butter
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- 149 g All-purpose flour
- 43 g Guittard Dark 10/12% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 3 g Baking soda
- 3 g Salt
- 70 g Unsalted butter
- 136 g Granulated sugar
- 60 g Dark brown sugar
- 15 g Vegetable oil
- 40 g Egg yolks
- 5 g Vanilla extract
- 62 g Whole milk
- 190 g Heavy cream
- 1/2 Vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 g Salt
- 70 g Water
- 165 g Granulated sugar
- 15 g Butter
- Blend all ingredients together with an immersion blender
- Process in a batch freezer
- Combine the eggs, confectioners' sugar and almond flour and whisk with an electric mixer to a light ribbon
- Sift together the pastry flour and cocoa powder
- Combine the egg whites and granulated sugar, and whisk with an electric mixer to form medium peaks
- Folk 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture at a time, followed by the flour mixture and melted butter. Spread onto a half-sheet pan that is lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake at 380°F/193°C for about 15 minutes
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Fit a paddle attachment on an electric mixer, and cream together the butter and sugar. Add the oil and continue mixing until slightly pale. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating it with milk in two additions and mixing until completely blended.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to about 1/8" thick. Freeae the dough, cut desired shape, then free again before peeling back opposite side of parchment paper to release the dough.
- Bake on parchment paper or silicone baking mat at 350°F/176°C in convection oven for about 12 minutes.
- Combine the warm cream, vanilla beans and sea salt. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and water, and cook to a deep caramel. Deglaze with butter. Slowly add the cream mixture.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Emulsify with an immersion blender.
- Cast into desired mold.
- Choose a silicone mold shape for the finished sandwiches.
- Cut the jaconde 10% smaller than your mold size. Apply caramel coulis to the jaconde with a spatula, creating an insert; blast freeze.
- Pipe gelato halfway up the side of the mold and top with the jaconde-caramel insert.
- Cap with gelato as needed. Blast freeze.
- Remove the gelato from the mold and apply pre-baked cookies. Place into a freezer for at least 24 hours, allowing the cookies to soften slightly before enjoying.