Part 1: True dark pate sable
- 150 g Butter
- 75 g Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 50 g Eggs ( lightly beaten )
- 175 g Pastry flour
- 30 g deZaan Holland True Dark 10/12% Natural Cocoa Powder
Part 2: Rich Terracotta Frangipane
- 189 g Butter
- 189 g Granulated sugar
- 150 g Almond flour
- 45 g deZaan Holland Rich Terracotta 20/22% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Eggs
- 75 g Flour
Part 3: Passion Fruit Mousse
- 333 g Passion fruit puree
- 53 g Egg yolk
- 40 g Eggs
- 113 g Granulated sugar
- 10 g Gelatin
- 250 g Cream (whipped to soft/medium peaks)
Part 4: Lime Whipped Ganache
- 404 ml Cream
- 504 ml Cream
- 2 Fresh limes ( zested )
- 75 g Milk powder
- 56 g Cocoa butter
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 6 g Gelatin
Part 5: Citrus Sorbet
- 375 g Water
- 150 g Glucose syrup
- 220 g Granulated sugar
- 500 g Mixed citrus puree
- 2 Lime zest
- 8 g Stabiliser 2000
Part 1: Method
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla. Cream together until smooth and light in color.Gradually add eggs, beating well in between each addition.Add flour and cocoa powder and mix. Make sure to scrape the bowl down to be sure all ingredients fully blend into the dough.Transfer from bowl to a flattened piece of plastic film wrap. Wrap and cool in the refrigerator until firm.Roll out to 3mm thickness.Line tart shells with pate sable.
- Refer to the frangipane recipe for the following steps.
Part 2: Method
- Preheat oven to 170°C/338°F.
- In a stand mixer, mix butter, sugar, almond ground, and cocoa powder with a paddle attachment until crumbly a texture.
- Add in all the eggs and mix until well incorporated, sift in the flour and continue mixing until well combined.
- Pipe frangipane in tart shell for around 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry.
Part 3: Method
- In a pot add puree. Bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl add egg yolk, eggs, and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Stream in the warm puree with the egg mixture. Stirring continuously until combined.
- Add back to heat and cook to 81°C/178°F.
- Take off heat and transfer to a heat-proof container. Cooldown to 20°C/68°F.
- Fold in cream.
- Fill desired molds.
- Freeze over-night.
- Take out of mold & store in the freezer.
Part 4: Method
- In a bowl, add cocoa butter & milk powder. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a saucepan, add 1st quantity of cream, sugar, and lime zest. Bring to a simmer. Take off heat and cover, and allow to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Add back onto the heat and bring to a soft boil.
- Pour over cocoa butter & milk powder in 2-3 stages.
- Once the 1st cream is incorporated, add gelatin to the mixture. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add 2nd cream to the mixture and blend until well combined. Strain the mixture and transfer it to an air-tight container covering the top of the ganache with plastic film wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Set in refrigerator for 24hrs for best results.
- When ready to use the ganache, add the desired quantity to a cold mixing bowl. Whisk until medium/hard peaks.
- Use immediately after whipping.
Part 5: Method
- In a pot, add water, sugar, glucose, and lime zest. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow it to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain and return liquid to heat. Bring to a simmer and add stabiliser.
- Bring to a boil.
- Take off heat and transfer to a heat-proof container
Part 6: Assembly
- Once all components have been made.
- Spread fresh passion fruit across the tart. Reserve until ready to use.
- Melt neutral glaze for glazing.
- Take out passion fruit mousse. Lightly dust with Rich Terracotta.
- Glaze mousse with neutral glaze and place onto tarts.
- Whip lemon ganache to medium/hard peaks.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe alongside the mousse.
- Finish with fresh lime zest.
- Plate and finish with a quenelle of citrus sorbet.